The following guide explains how to use multisig on Acropolis market. This guide is for vendors and buyers. The market is a referral only market, you can use this referral link to register:
Make sure to check out reviews on our Acropolis listing page.
The multisig methods explained here are:
- Automatic method
- Manual method using Bitcoin-QT wallet console
- Manual method using partially signed hex and Coinb.in online tool
1. If you are a vendor and your order is finalized, markets private key will become available to you in case you want to build your transaction outside of the market. Select “Claim” to claim your funds.
2. If you are a buyer and your order is cancelled, markets private key will become available to you in case you want to build your transaction outside of the market. Select “Refund” to refund your funds.
The processes described further in this guide are the same for both vendor and buyer.
1. Automatic method
By using the automatic method, the market will create, sign and broadcast transactions to the blockchain, transferring your funds to an address under your control. Enter your destination address, corresponding private key and your PIN number, then select the “Transfer funds” option to complete your funds transfer. The market will never store your private key nor will market personnel ever ask you for it. In case trust is an issue, please use manual method of redeeming your bitcoins which is described further in this guide.
2. Manual method using Bitcoin-QT wallet console
1. Go to claim/refund page and select “Manual”. Enter your desired destination address and select “Generate transaction”. This will generate formatted input ready for Bitcoin-QT console. Copy the the formatted output and change text [Your private key] with your corresponding private key.
2. Open Bitcoin-QT wallet, go to debug window and paste formatted output with your private key included. This will generate a signed transaction in hex format. Make sure that it reads “complete”: true. Next, use the command, “sendrawtransaction” with the hex value given as a result of previous command and your transaction will be broadcast to the blockchain, transferring your funds to a previously defined destination address. If everything is correct, command “sendrawtransaction”, will write id of a new transaction back to your console, thus confirming transfer of your funds.
3. Manual method using partially signed hex and Coinb.in online tool
Coinb.in is an online tool used for a wide variety of bitcoin related operations. It is available as TOR hidden service on the following URL: http://4zpinp6gdkjfplhk.onion.top/, or on a CLEAR-NET here.
Official repository is available on CLEAR-NET link: https://github.com/OutCast3k/coinbin. All copyright goes to author of the project.
1. Go to the claim/refund page and select the “Manual” tab. Enter the desired destination address and select the, “Generate transaction” option. The market will generate a partially signed transaction in hex format. Copy this output and open Coinb.in online tool.
2. From the upper menu select the “Sign” option. Enter your corresponding private key and paste partially signed hex from previous the step and select the, “Submit” button. This will generate a signed transaction with two out of three keys available in the lower text box titled, “Signed transaction”. If the entered private key is valid signed transaction can be safely broadcast to the blockchain.
3. Copy signed hex from the previous step and from the upper menu select “Broadcast”. Paste signed hex into the text box and select “Submit”. This will broadcast your transaction to the blockchain and transfer your funds to the destination address under your control. Transaction id will be shown below if operation is successfully completed. Note that for this step you need to be online for a transaction to be broadcast successfully.
We hope you will find these guide for using multisig helpful and easy to use. If you encounter any problems, difficulties or if you have any additional questions, please feel free to use the market’s forum (http://acropolhwczbgbkh.onion.top/). Market personnel will gladly help you.